How can I add images and other media to a post?
WordPress makes it pretty easy to add many types of media to any post or page. You can place images, audio, video, and photo galleries in the body text, add captions and credits, resize and make text wrap left or right around any image or other media item.
Largo adds the ability to set Featured Media at the top of each post, which can display as a "hero" image up to 1170px wide. You can also add a video, embed code, or photo gallery as the Featured Media for your post.
The Add Media button above the body text area allows you to upload and insert images of various sizes anywhere in a post:
- Place the cursor where you want an image to appear in the text.
- Click the Add Media button, and either select from the existing Media Library or upload a new image.
- After you upload an image or other media in the Insert Media screen, you can add a Caption, Description, Credit, Credit URL, Organization, and Alt Text. Alt Text is very important for meeting accessibility requirements and serving visually-impaired users.
- Also in the Insert Media screen, you can set the image alignment, add a link to the image, and set the image to full-size, medium, or thumbnail.
- Then click the Insert into post button to see the results in the post edit screen.
- Click the Set Featured Media button found just above the body of the post in the post editor.
- You can upload an image or select an existing image in the Media Library.
- Featured embed code allows you to enter embed code from any type of embeddable content. If you add a Title, Caption, and Credit, they’ll appear along with the embedded media.
- Featured video allows you to enter a Video URL from YouTube, Vimeo, or another video hosting service. If the embed code is not pulled in automatically you can enter it in the Video embed code field. You can also add a custom thumbnail image for display on the home/section page.
- Featured gallery enables you to build a carousel of images. Select multiple images from the Media Library, or upload new images to use in the gallery.